Monday, May 9, 2011

Trifle...Dump Cake...whatever you want to call it - IT'S GOOD!

This is another one of those quick and easy fix deserts.  I get on a kick...which I find something I like, I make it ALL the time and I bring it to EVERY function for a period of time until I find another recipe that I get a kick for!  ;)  This is an oldie, but goodie....

I don't really have a name for it because it has been called a trifle but I really don't think it fits the trifle description.  It really is a dump cake.  You dump everything in, stir and bake.  Perfect and yummy. 

Dump Cake Recipe
Ingredients:
1 box of vanilla cake mix
1 can crushed pineapple (drained)
1 can cherry pie filling
1 stick of butter



Ingredients

Mix can of crushed pineapple & cherry pie filing

Mix well

Dump the cake mix on top (**Dump cake, remember!)

Spread it out....

Cut up the butter and arrange evenly on top

Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes or until golden brown

This is really good with a big ole' scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!

We enjoyed this as desert with homemade ice cream on the porch at my Mom's house.  It was the perfect treat!  I hope everyone had a fabulous Mother's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment