Friday, August 5, 2011

Chicken Chimichangas!!!

I haven't posted in a while.....Summer has taken over our household and we have spent every minute possible outdoors!  I wanted to post a new, easy, perfect week night recipe to share with everyone. 

Chicken Chimichangas Recipe

As usual, I altered to my pantry and made a smaller, simpler version so I wouldn't waste any food. 

Ingredients:

1/2 Rotisserie Chicken - shredded
1/2 - 3/4 cups salsa
1/4 cup water (give or take a little)
10 inch tortillas
Shredded Mexican cheese

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  I shredded the rotisserie chicken and mixed it with salsa & water. I simmered on low for approximately 15 minutes until the chicken soaked up all the juices.  You take the tortilla and spoon the chicken in the middle.  Then, spoon the shredded cheese on top of the chicken.  Fold the sides in, fold the bottom up and then fold the top down.  I cut off a little off the top to make a perfect rectangle.  I also used toothpicks to keep everything closed while cooking.  Put the tortillas folded side down on a pan.  Cook 7 minutes and then flip, remove toothpicks and bake for an additional 5 minutes. 
 I shredded the rotisserie chicken and mixed it with salsa & water. I simmered on low for approximately 15 minutes until the chicken soaked up all the juices.


You take the tortilla and spoon the chicken in the middle.  Then, spoon the shredded cheese on top of the chicken.  Fold the sides in, fold the bottom up and then fold the top down.  I cut off a little off the top to make a perfect rectangle.  I also used toothpicks to keep everything closed while cooking. 



Cook 7 minutes and then flip, remove toothpicks and bake for an additional 5 minutes


End result....I added fresh garden tomatoes and sour cream on the side.  They were very good and so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment