Friday, August 12, 2011

Southwest Chicken Wraps ~ oh so yummy!

Okay, yes, I admit.  I am definitely on a wrap kick.....they are easy & delish.  I found another recipe I wanted to try so I did.  I am so glad I did.....

The recipe I found was from Mel's Kitchen Cafe.  Here is the recipe:

Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps from Mel's Kitchen Cafe

Of course, I always alter to my pantry. 

Here is my altered version:

Southwest Chicken Wraps
*Makes 6 wraps*
1 cup cooked rice, warm or at room temperature
1 cup chicken chopped from a rotisserie chicken
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
2 cups shredded cheese - I used the taco seasoned cheese & sharp
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup salsa
6 burrito-sized flour tortillas

Mix rice together with chili powder, cumin and garlic salt. Add remaining ingredients except for cheese. Sprinkle cheese over tortillas, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges, then arrange chicken and rice mixture down the center of each tortilla.  Roll stuffed tortillas, using a toothpick to keep them closed. Spray the tortillas all over with cooking spray.
Bake for 8 minutes @ 425 degrees, then flip and bake an additional 8 minutes.  I served with a dip I made which was 1/2 cup salsa, 1/3 cup ranch & 1/2 cup sour cream.  Enjoy!!


Mix rice together with chili powder, cumin and garlic salt. Add remaining ingredients except for cheese. 

Add chicken and mix good. 

Sprinkle cheese over tortillas, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges, then arrange chicken and rice mixture down the center of each tortilla. 

Sprinkle cheese over tortillas, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges, then arrange chicken and rice mixture down the center of each tortilla. 

Roll stuffed tortillas, using a toothpick to keep them closed. Spray the tortillas all over with cooking spray.

Bake for 8 minutes @ 425 degrees, then flip and bake an additional 8 minutes.

 I served with a dip I made which was 1/2 cup salsa, 1/3 cup ranch & 1/2 cup sour cream. 


To show you all the goodness inside...I had to cut up for the kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment