Thursday, April 7, 2011

Banana Nut Cookies with a pinch of Flaxseed

After our busy schedule this week, which now includes T-Ball for Will, I felt very neglectful of my family for eating out so much.  After doing some on-line searching for 'healthy recipes', I came across a recipe for cookies that looked yummy and healthy so I decided I would try them.  The recipe came from Gina @ Skinny Taste.  Here is her blog:  http://www.skinnytaste.com/ 

The original recipe is:
Chewy Lowfat Banana Nut Oatmeal Cookies

I altered this a bit, added more bananas, some flax seed, didn't have any baking powder, added an egg.....Yes, I am bad about not using measuring cups or spoons and just going with it.  Sometimes it is a success and sometimes I end up throwing everything away....this go around, I really liked them.  They had a good flavor and texture.  They are not my normal chocolate cookies that I make so it was a nice, refreshing change. 

Banana Nut Cookies
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup flax seed
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
3 tbsp butter
2 eggs
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1 tbsp vanilla
3/4 cup chopped pecans
3 cups oatmeal


In separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and set aside

Cream the sugars and butter together

Mix good

Add two eggs, vanilla...

Mix in bananas

Slowly add flour mixture in....


Stir in oatmeal, flaxseed and pecans

Mix well.....then bake @ 350 until brown


No comments:

Post a Comment