Monday, March 21, 2011

Monkey Bread for my Little Belles!

Not only do my kids love this recipe, but my hubby does, too.  Win/Win!  It's a fairly easy recipe.....just takes about 30 minutes in the oven.  I got the recipe I use from a cookbook I got at my friend, Chrissie's wedding.  Isn't that a great wedding favor idea?  Everybody contributed a recipe beforehand and they had printed up cookbooks for guests.  I just love it! 

Here is the Monkey Bread recipe:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon
2 cans butter-me-knot biscuits
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease the pan and then sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecan. 

Combine the white sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.  Quarter the biscuits and roll them in the sugar/cinnamon mixture.  Arrange them in the pan on top of the pecans. 

Melt the butter and stir in the brown sugar.  Put this mixture on top of the biscuits. 

Bake @ 350 for 30-40 minutes.  Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes and then ENJOY! 


Grease the pan and then sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecan. 

Combine the white sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.

Quarter the biscuits and roll them in the sugar/cinnamon mixture.  Arrange them in the pan on top of the pecans. 

Melt the butter and mix in the brown sugar.  

Pour the brown sugar mixture over the biscuits.

This is what the finished product looks like...

Let it stand for 10 minutes....

And, then EAT!  My kiddos and hubby already had a bite!








No comments:

Post a Comment