Friday, March 4, 2011

No Bake Oatmeal Cookies ~ my recipe!


I am sure EVERYONE has tried this cookies at some point....they are quick, easy & taste delicious!  I wanted to make some for my Aunt Anne....so I started cooking them on the stove top.  While pulling all my ingredient out, I realized......I didn't have enough oatmeal!!  The only thing I could find was a box of individual packaged Sugar Free Maple and Brown Sugar.  Well, I used the whole box to come up with the amount I needed.  Usually when I get a little too experimental in the kitchen, it turns out disastrous!  This time, I was pleasantly surprise!  They didn't have the peanut butter flavor they usually have....the Maple and Brown Sugar flavor was more powerful.  I liked this a lot more than my original recipe!  Give it a shot and let me know what you think! 

No Bake Oatmeal Cookies ~ Baking Belle's Version
4 cups sugar
2 sticks butter
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup canned milk
3 cups (or a whole box) of Sugar Free Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal
1 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla

Melt the sugar, butter, milk and cocoa powder in a large saucepan.  Bring it to a rapid boil on medium heat.  Cook for 4 minutes.  Remove from heat and stir in oatmeal, peanut butter & vanilla.  Spoon mixture onto parchment paper/tin foil and let cool.  They turned out very good, even with the almost disaster!!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment