Monday, March 14, 2011

Pecan Sandies ~ Oh cookies!

I was pleasantly surprised when I got to work and had a HUGE Ziploc bag of pecans waiting for me.  It was like Christmas!  My grandmother had sent them for me.  She is so sweet and one of the best cooks I know....I would much rather have a meal with her at her house than to go to any restaurant.  :)

I found a recipe that I have been wanting to try and here it is! 

Recipe for Pecan Sandies from Bake or Break

I did alter the recipe by adding a 1/2 bag of white chocolate chips to it. 

Pecan Sandies Recipe (altered to my pantry!)
1/2 cup salted butter, softened
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans
1 egg
1/2 bag of white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Beat butter & sugar until fluffy on medium/high.  Beat in vanilla and salt.  Add one egg and beat.  Gradually add flour and use low speed.  Fold in pecans. 

Spoon onto cookie sheet and cook for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. 

Makes about 18 cookies. 





No comments:

Post a Comment